When to change crusher jaw plates?
There are two kinds of situations that need to change the crusher jaw plates:
- The jaw crusher liners need to change before they are worn through, in order to avoid damage to the crusher components. Different types of jaw crushers, the situation is different. Such as C105 and C3055, the jaw dies design on the ends is different. The locking wedges on these crushers are located behind the jaw dies rather than at the top of the jaw die. Jaw dies can be allowed to wear until the thickness is 60 to 65 mm thick, or the teeth are worn flat.
- When you have a 10% production loss, compared to peak production, it’s time to change your liners. This means monitoring the amount of stone going through the crusher. In the case of jaw crushers, as the liners wear down, the feed opening at the top of the crusher will constrict, and you’ll lose throughput as the opening decreases and crushing cavity volume is reduced. Failing to do so at that point will cost money in lost production and, if the liner wears too thin, could cause severe damage to internal crusher components.
How to change crusher jaw plates?
Normally, there are 13 steps to change new crusher jaw plates:
- Prepare to work tools:600 live-mouth wrench, wire rope, hand hammer, mast, sledgehammer, electric welding, crane
- Prepare new jaw plate
- Stop the feeding and the operation of the crusher, pay attention to wearing insulated gloves to prevent wet hands and electric shock.
- Remove the screw of the old jaw plate
- Remove the side plate, loosen the side plate screws, and lift the side plates with the overhead crane
- Remove the clamps and slowly remove the stationary plate clamps and place them next to them.
- The welding hoisting ring is welded to the moving plate and the fixed plate respectively. Be sure to solder firmly to prevent bruises during lifting
- Lift the jaw plate and start the crane to lift the moving plate and the fixed plate and transport it to the storage area of waste materials. It should be noted that there is a need for monitoring during the opening of the crane. There can be no people under the crane to avoid bruising, and the wire rope should be strong.
- Lift the new jaw plate, and start the crane to hang the moving plate and the fixed plate separately.
- Install the clamps, place the clamps in place, and tighten the screws.
- Tighten the stationary plate screws and install the side plates.
- Adjust the gap of the discharge port.
- Start the jaw crusher and vibrate the mine for trial operation.